Many Americans have patiently waited in order to receive their COVID-19 vaccine. Until recently, there were restrictions regarding who was eligible to receive the vaccine. At this time, any American aged 16 or older may sign up to receive their vaccination. Those who wish to get vaccinated may receive one of the two dose vaccines from Pfizer or Moderna, or the one shot variation from Johnson & Johnson. One thing that all three have in common is that COVID-19 vaccines are free. There are no exceptions to this rule. If you wish to receive the vaccine, you will not have to pay a dime.
COVID-19 Vaccines Are Free
In the midst of the fear which has been brought about due to Coronavirus, scammers are out trying to take advantage of Americans. In order to avoid becoming a victim of a COVID-19 scam, please follow the guidelines listed below.
- You will never have to pay to receive the vaccine. The actual shot(s) come at no cost to you. You also will never have to pay to sign up for the vaccine or to hold your spot. If someone asks you for money, it is a scam.
- Never respond to an advertisement, phone call, email or social media post which offers to sell you the vaccine. The vaccine isn’t for sale; therefore, it cannot be sold. You can only receive the vaccine from a federal or state appointed location.
- Never give your personal information to unknown sources. You should never provide any personal information, including health or financial information to someone who contacts you unsolicited. This is a great rule in general, not just to combat Coronavirus scams.
- Don’t share your vaccination card over the internet. It has become somewhat of a trend to post one’s vaccination card on social media. Please do not follow this trend. Your vaccination card contains some very personal information that can be used to steal your identity.
- If you have questions, contact the proper authorities. In order to receive the most up-to-date and correct information, contact your state or local health department.
We hope that all Americans take the opportunity to receive the Coronavirus vaccine, if you so desire. Just remember, COVID-19 vaccines are free. Stay safe and healthy.